Professor Paul Lee qualified from Cardiff University and is now a specialist in Sports, Regenerative, and Orthopaedic Surgery. He has undertaken 5 international fellowships training in regenerative medicine, arthritis, complex orthopaedic surgery and sports surgery.
Professor Lee also was involved in Autologous Chondrocyte Implantation (ACI) and adult stem cell clinical research. Professor Lee has also completed a PhD in medical engineering and has presented nationally and internationally. He also has a track record of over 50 peer review publications and written textbooks.
Being a double board certified Orthopaedic surgeon with special interests in Sports Medicine, Professor Lee has treated UK premiership footballers for sports injuries which significantly reduced their time for recovery and return to play. He has treated ACL injuries in high-level athletes and has been lecturing to elite sports teams since 2010.
Beside Hip and Knee Replacement, Professor Paul Lee has a keen interest in biological & no surgical intervention for musculoskeletal conditions.
Areas of Interest
- Regenerative medicine and surgery
- Injection therapy – Actovegin, PRP, stem cells, Hyaluronan injections
- Hip and knee replacement
- Revision hip and knee arthroplasty
- ACL and other ligament surgery
- Meniscus and cartilage surgery
- Patella and lower leg re-alignment surgery
- Fractured neck of femur surgery
- All aspects of trauma surgery
- Cell therapy
- Non Surgical Treatment for Arthritis
- S.P.A.I.R.E. hip replacement
- 3D printed Knee replacement