Mr Ed Britton is a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, and performs his clinical work at York Teaching Hospital, Clifton Park Hospital, and Nuffield Health York.
Mr Britton see’s patients of The Regenerative Clinic at: Clifton Park Outpatients Department, Equinox House, Shipton Road, Clifton Park Avenue, York, YO30 5PE.
His practice involves a wide range of procedures covering many aspects of hip and knee pathology. His specialist interest lies in joint preserving techniques that encompass the latest regenerative techniques to surgery of both the hip and the knee in the form of hip arthroscopy, soft tissue knee surgery and knee osteotomies.
Mr Britton was educated at St Bartholomew’s and The Royal London Medical School, during which he spent a year at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital in Stanmore, gaining a BSc in Orthopaedic Sciences. He completed his MB BS (Hons) in 2001. He completed his specialist training on the prestigious the Royal London Hospital Orthopaedic rotation.
Mr Britton has also undertaken 3 specialist fellowships; the prestigious Royal Melbourne fellowship, a high volume arthroplasty fellowship at St Peters, Surrey and finally the Basingstoke knee fellowship with Professor Wilson where he worked on fine tuning knee osteotomy techniques.
Research continues to be an important part of Mr Britton’s ongoing professional development, he has published several scientific papers on various aspects of orthopaedics and has presented his work both nationally and internationally. He is also on the committee for the United Kingdom Knee Osteotomy Registry (UKKOR).
- The British Orthopaedic Association (BOA)
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England (FRCS)
- British Medical Association (BMA)
- European Society of Sports Traumatology Knee Surgery and Arthroscopy (ESSKA)
- The British Association for Surgery of the Knee (BASK)
- The British Hip Society (BHS)
- Open and Arthroscopic Femeroacetabular surgery
- Labral repair and replacement
- Proximal femoral osteotomy surgery
- Total hip replacement surgery
- Knee arthroscopy
- Joint surface cartilage surgery
- Meniscal surgery including repair, replacement and transplantation
- ACL reconstruction, primary and revision
- Multi-ligament surgery
- Knee osteotomy surgery
- Patellofemoral joint surgery ranging from stabilisation to replacement surgery
- Partial knee resurfacing
- Total knee replacement and revision surgery