The primary focus of this programme is to provide mentorship for clinicians who want to develop advanced skills in MSK medicine and MSK ultrasound.
The Regenerative Clinic manages approximately 12,000 patients per year and covers a wide spectrum of MSK pathologies, including acute injuries.
• Observe or carry out physical examination of patients before performing diagnostic MSK scanning, when appropriate;
• Observe and perform a limited number of US guided interventions under the supervision of a consultant physiotherapist in MSK ultrasound and MSK medicine;
• Explore full scanning protocols of the upper and lower limbs followed by feedback from a supervisor.
• Advanced examination of the musculoskeletal system;
• The development of differential diagnoses for complex symptoms and signs related to musculoskeletal disease;
• Use of musculoskeletal ultrasound (MSK US) in the diagnosis and monitoring of inflammatory and other disorders of tendons, ligaments and joints;
• Interventional MSK US procedures – peripheral joint injection and aspirations;
• Ability to present complex case studies at MDT / clinical case meetings;
• Identification of ultrasound representations of common pathologies of the musculoskeletal system;
• Ability to discuss the capabilities and limitations of ultrasound in musculoskeletal evaluation;
• Identify normal anatomy and pathology from musculoskeletal ultrasound images.
Observer/Visiting MSK medicine fellowship fee: £500/day, £1000 per week, £4000 4 weeks
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Visiting fellowship” in the subject line and the following information in the body:
• Your name, city, country, profession, affiliation/where you work, phone number were we might contact you and your preferred email address. Alternatively you can attach a copy of your curriculum vitae (CV);
• Details of your professional body (i.e. HCPC, GMC) and membership number;
• The desired start and end dates for the visiting fellowship or the general time period and duration (i.e. summer next year, 3 weeks etc.)
• A brief statement of your learning objectives;
• Provide an indication if you will need accommodation to be arranged (additional cost);
• If you are not a UK citizen, describe your visa status. Do you already have a visa for the United Kingdom that will cover the period for which you have requested the visiting/trainee fellowship? If yes, provide the details (type of visa, valid from/to, multi-entry or single entry).
We will notify you if the visiting/trainee fellowship has been provisionally approved and send you all the required forms.
Please note that all fellowships are subject to DBS clearance