Lipogems® adipose tissue stem cell therapy is when small amounts of fatty (adipose) tissue are taken from areas of the body, such as the stomach or thighs.
The healing power of fat
Fat plays a number of roles in our body, including how we heal. Studies carried out over many years have explored this healing potential, which was recognised as early as World War 1, when fat was used to speed up the healing of soldiers’ wounds.
Fat as part of a balanced diet is essential for our health and has many benefits alongside providing energy, including cushioning the joints and repairing damaged tissues.
The advantages of using fat to help with healing include:
- There is plenty of fat in the body
- It can be easily ‘harvested’ using a minimally invasive procedure carried out using a local anaesthetic
- Fat contains cells that help to heal damaged tissue
- Research has shown that, no matter how old you are, fat is still able to retain its healing properties
How does it work?
- Repair damaged tissue (for example, after an injury or operation)
- Speed up tissue growth and regeneration
- Reduce inflammation, helping tissues to heal more quickly
- Improve blood flow by creating new blood vessels
- Reduce areas of internal or external scarring
Watch our video below to see a procedure.